Occupational / Industrial Diseases / work related illness
If you suffer from an illness or disability which has been caused by your current or former employment or job then you may be eligible to claim industrial disease compensation if they are at fault. Other names sometimes used for "industrial disease" include industrial accident or industrial injury or more recently occupational disease.
Examples of work related illnesses are:
- Dermatitis and other skin conditions caused by exposure to various known irritants in the workplace
- Asbestos related illnesses including Asbestosis, Mesothelioma and Pleural Thickening
- Silicosis - lung disease caused from inhaling silica or quartz dust in the workplace
- Respiratory diseases such as asthma or cancers caused by exposure to dangerous dust, fumes or chemicals in the workplace
- Upper limb disorders (e.g. Tenosynovitis) caused by repetitive tasks
- Repetitive Strain Injury (RSI) a condition in your upper body, usually hands, caused by excessive continuous repetition of tasks
- Occupational industrial deafness, Acoustic Shock Syndrome or Tinnitus caused by prolonged exposure to loud noise or machinery in the workplace
- Vibration White Finger (VWF), Raynaud’s syndrome or Carpel Tunnel Syndrome (CTS) caused by the regular use of hand held vibratory tools
- Occupational stress in the workplace
Making a Claim
Act quickly! Due to the serious nature of industrial disease claims it is important that you seek advice quickly on what to do next as time limits apply.
If you think you may be suffering from a work related illness then you should seek medical advice from your GP or hospital doctor.
If your doctor confirms that there may be an occupational cause for your condition you need to get legal advice as soon as possible.
How Can Johnson Law Solicitors Help you with your Industrial disease compensation claim?
Here at Johnson Law Solicitors we understand that pursuing a claim for industrial disease can be very stressful. We offer friendly expert advice and will deal with your current or former employer’s Insurers on your behalf.
We want to make your claim for compensation as stress free as possible. You will receive 100% of any compensation awarded without any hidden costs and you can be confident that we will seek to obtain the maximum sum available to you.
Johnson Law Solicitors will take into account not only your industrial illness / disease but also advise you on your entitlement to Industrial Injuries Benefits and other Disability Benefits payable by the Department for Work and Pensions as well as any Community or Social Care Needs. We will also seek to recover your loss and future loss of earnings, medical assistance, future rehabilitation costs etc.
Johnson Law Solicitors have over 50 years personal injury experience dealing with industrial disease type cases. We have dealt with thousands of satisfied clients for whom we have pursued successful industrial disease injury claims against their employers’ insurers.
Call us for free legal advice and help on 0800 130 0699 today or complete our online claim for.
GET THE RIGHT COMPENSATION YOU ARE ENTITLED TO AND DESERVE